The Unifor Social Justice Fund’s primary purpose is to institutionalize our ability as a union to respond to a variety of international issues through humanitarian, development and social justice assistance.
Since 1990, the SJF has supported over 1,000 projects throughout the world. As a labour-based non-governmental organization, the Social Justice Fund obviously has a priority in establishing worker-to-worker and union-to union relationships internationally.
The proposal should include:
- background on your organization and the organization that you are working with,
- the overall objectives of your project,
- the time frame for your work,
- what you hope to accomplish with this project,
- overall budget and the amount you are requesting from us.
- names of other groups/organizations that are funding the project (If there are any).
- Contact person with contact information such as phone number and/or fax number, email address.
Our decision making Board of Directors meets twice a year. The next meeting will take place in November 2017.
Proposals can be mailed or emailed and need to be received by September 15, 2017 to be considered for that meeting.